Find Your Own Identity as an Artist
How do you find your identity as a musician, as a talent. How do we even begin to say we are musicians or talented individuals or group without:
- First of all, finding our purpose.?
- Defining who we really are on the inside to the outside?
- Solving the identity riddle playing within us.?
*This very topic has actually being bugging my mind in recent years as the music industry travels a bumpy road of what seems like a copy-cart-ball-game nowadays.
Now let’s answer the question,
What is identity?
According to my definition based on my observations, Identity can be defined as your core talents, your natural characteristic behaviour that affects every aspect of your being.
But besides that kind of spiritual-like definition, Identity also poses as your unique physical appearance or look. The features that you possesses naturally, are strictly unique to you.
“It’s so deep man”. hahaha
It is an open nature secret that there’s no 2-of-a- kind of human beings. Hence the way you talk, the way you sing, rap, dance and move are unique to you only. “You are the identification of yourself”.
How do I find my identity?
Thinking deep. Look into yourself. You will find your Identity. Hahaha… Please forgive my idiomatic expressions. Alright!
Looking and thinking deep can simply means couple of things eg.
- Reminisce on childhood, the path through adolescent to juvenile to young teen, what was your state of mind at that time, what were the things that makes you happy and made you sad?
- Who were your childhood friends and what are traits made them your friends and companions?
- What kind of sport you loved?
- What kind of music, were you drawn to in the very early stage of your music listening ears?
- What were your overall passion in life, educational, extra murals etc.
Find out all you need to find and maintain that unique standard that can make you a mega star as you listen to the podcast.
- play_circle_outline 00:05:28 - RapDon - Frontline